Thursday, October 6, 2011

The return of Akita

Around this time in 2008 I was asked to foster a kitten named Akita. Oddly this was also the same time George Henry started coming around.

Anyway flash forward to about a year ago. I had seen Akita at the same animal shelter (no kill). I had asked about him and they said he would be a permanent resident. Apparently he was adopted out but it didn't work out. He hid and they brought him back. I kept thinking about him.

I put in an application to adopt him a week or two ago. A lady from ARF  called me back and asked me if I was sure because Akita is "weird." I told her I had fostered him with a bad eye infection and he was ok here.

Last Saturday I went to pick him up to foster him for 2 weeks. So far so good. Poor Miley is dying to get close to him but he doesn't trust her yet. Miley just wants to play and Akita doesn't trust her yet. The great thing about him is that he's use to being around multiple cats so he is very friendly with the other cats here. They are not always feeling his love but no fights. Just some unhappy looks, flat ears and very confused faces.

He looks like a mess because he had matted fur on his sides so I took scissors to the mats and cut them out. He could care less. Hope to have some pics up on a day or two. 


The pugs are doing great. Brutus is getting old. Nothing wrong but he's just slowing down some. Although he is enjoying the cooler weather. I'm having pet stairs made for the bed that are wider and made of wood so they are sturdy.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see Akita. Tell Brutus Tuni knows how he feels...her little legs don't work on any hard surface in the house anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to see pictures of Akita!!

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Yoda, Brutus & Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)