Monday, August 16, 2010

Mileys cat Scratch



Poor Miley got her eye scratched (corneal abrasion) by one of the cats on Friday (Aug 13th). She stepped on Fred (I have yet to post about him) and he retaliated. I felt so bad for her because she was squinting and was a little traumatized after it happened at first but then she bounced right back.

I couldn't see anything when I looked at it but took her to the vet anyway because she was squinting some and I also noticed her pupil on her left side didn't dilate. Also, it's just common sense because of those crazy pug bulging eyes.

I took her to our vet and she has a very very tiny lesion. She's on antibiotic drops 3x a day for 5 days. We are on day 3 now. So far so good and it should heal on it's own. Anyone else had this happen?

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Stacy.....Hank has an old injury on his right eye (happened before I got him so I don't know the story). He requires optimmune ointment daily for dry eye. Hopefully, Miley's will heal right up!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miley feel better soon girl! Sequoia had an abrasion twice on her buggy eyes. No cats just bushes and random things scratching her eyes. All healed well though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Miley! I'm sure the antibiotics will work and soon she will be good as new.

    Stubby xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Miley. We are positive that she will be as good as new in no time!!

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Yoda & Brutus

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had those abrasions as a young pug. I bounced back well after treatment. I have eye problems now, but they are not related to those injuries. I hope Miley gets better soon,and stays away from those darn cats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had those on my right eye, not from any of my feline siblings but from tall blades of grass. I did the drops too which helped some but one of the scratches is deep and permanent, so permanently loss a streak of vision. It hasn't affected me at all though. I hope Miley's eye heals 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, my pug Bennie was racing around a friend's backyard and ran too close to a rosebush. We did the drops, and he was fine. Our vet did a recheck to make sure it was healed. If an infection does take hold, though, the vision can be completely gone. So the antibiotic drops are essential.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)