Monday, March 15, 2010

What a difference a day makes

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Brutus got worse throughout the night. Panting,restless, etc. When we got up this morning he wouldn't eat. I as pretty upset.

I called Dr. Grasso our vet and I took Bru in before my 8am class. I am so thankful for our veterinarian. They are a married couple are so great. Good thing I did. He had a fever and his ear was full of discharge (bacteria and yeast). He got an antibiotic shot, cortisone shot and his ear was cleaned out. He's on some drops and continuing on with the antibiotics.

The passing of Sol has inspired me to post more about Brutus and Miley but also to post about stories and memories that I don't want to forget. No one is sick or dying, it's just I want to remember some things.

So first up is some pictures of Brutus with his blue and brown bear, Rupert.

Rupert was one of the very 1st toys I bought Brutus when I first adopted him.

He carries this toy around.



He cleans his toy like it's a baby.






But even cuter he sucks on its nose.






He sure does love that toy!

9 comments:

  1. They are certainly KEEPERS!

    Paws khrossed from here fur all of WOO!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad to hear Brutus got some medications for his ear and that it was nothin' more serious. Not that gunky ears are fun... :(

    If I was there Brutus, I would have licked them puppies clean!

    Love,
    Gunther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that Brutus is feeling better now that he has some meds - gunky ears suck!

    He is so cute with his little bear :)

    Pugs & Kisses,

    Yoda & Brutus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, the softer side of Brutus with his lil Rupert. Feel better soon buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor Brutus! That ear must have been causing him a lot of pain. I am so glad that the vet got it all cleaned out and medicated. I know he'll be on the mend now.

    I loved seeing Brutus and his bear! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! What a sweety his is...we have that baby at our house too.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Brutus, he is sooo cute with his baby! And so glad to hear he is feeling better now.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear Brutus is going to get better. And he is way too cute with that toy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you were a wreck! I would have been if my Brutus was doing the same... Thankfully my vet is also a personal friend of mine, so she'd always glad to see us when we cross the threshold of her office. Good thing, because it's a rare month when I don't do that!

    Michelle (Brute's mommy)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)