Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wordfull Wed

Some things have gone on lately. Wanted to post.

We did pug sit Harley. He is such a great dog. We enjoyed having him. All of the kitties were fine with him too. He fit right in!



One funny thing though. Harley is a very loud breather and makes various noises. I don't mind it as it's just regular background noise. Miley had never met Harley though and when she first met him and he did his breathing thing, she thought he was growling. The hair on the back of her hide stood up all the way down her back. She was just looking at him trying to figure out what he was doing. It didn't take her long to realize Harley was harmless.



All of the cats are good but the outdoor kitteh IJ (above) was pretty sick right before I left to go to IL. The first day I realize it when he was standing on the kitchen table eating and he leaned back and sneezed and snot went everywhere. I've had cats my entire life and had never seen anything like that. The next morning he was even worse with the coughing and sneezing and also had a swollen face. Our vet is so great. He worked us in on a Sat and gave him a antibiotic shot. He was better the next day as far as the face swelling. When I got home from IL he was looking great but still sneezing some. He gets better every day.

My good friend (boyfriend?) Mark came to visit and finally met Brutus. I was excited for him to see Brutus, George Henry and Miley. No pics from all of that as I was so nervous (for no reason) I just didn't take any pictures.

The visit home to IL was good. I had some good time with my Mom and Dad individually and together. I even went to one of the Dr visits with my Dad. My Dad has pulmonary fibrosis and is on oxygen. On top of that he's got something wrong with his vocal cords.

I boarded Miley while I was in IL. When I went to pick her up I really thought she was going to explode from excitement. I was relived because I've only boarded her with Brutus and not by herself.

I took Brutus with me to IL. Miley is just too active and michevious for my parents house. Brutus fits right in. It's so funny because he follows my Mom around. It was also good bonding time for Brutus and I. Miley is fun to have around but it's all about her because of her youth and energy level. Brutus was way more active and entergentic when we were in IL than he is here. If the poor guy does anything at all Miley thinks he wants to play and just harasses him. She just loves him and he just wants none of it. I feel bad for both of them. Brutus has done a great job of tolerating her energy. She so needs a playmate. We've had one family interested but they got cold feet. I pray she finds her forever home soon. She's been with us almost 5 months. The longer she stays the harder it is for her and for me to let her go. Part of me wants to keep her because she's an excellent dog. The timing just isn't right. She just doesn't fit in with our family long term due to almost everyone else being geriatric. It would be years before I could get her a playmate and by then she will be a senior!

We missed the KPR 500 Festival. We were driving back from IL that day. We've missed the last two that were close and went to the ones in KY. So our goal now is to make the next one in IN.

We have been reading all of the blogs just not commenting. We were happy to hear Walter is better and got his care package. Loved all of the pics from the KPR festival especially the one of Minnie Pearl. We agree with Pearls mom in that it is too hot move.

End with some cute pics of Harley.


7 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Harles! LOVE the pictures of him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good visit with your dad. You and Brutus needed some mommie and me time. Hope all is going well and we can't wait to see you all again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys sure have been busy! The trip to be with your family sounds perfect. You do such a good job with all of your puggies and being attentive to their individual needs. I bet Harley loved being with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your dad is feeling better. Sounds like you and Brutus had a good visit with your mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos and hearing from you. (((HUGS))) I know what you mean about wanting one-on-one time with one of your pugs. A lot of time we'll do that with the pugs. It's harder with Poley because he has a very high energy level, where as Ruki is a lot more calma nd it's easier to just chill with her. Poley squirms too much...you know? I will keep Miley in my thoughts and hope she finds a forever home sooon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The good ole boys are smiling away in that first pic - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about Miley and Brutus. Clementine and Winston are the same thing. Sometimes I feel bad for them both because Winston is kind of like a senior dog, even though he's only 2. He just wants to lay around all day and be calm, and any time he does ANYthing, Clementine takes it as an invitation to play/fight/harass.....in hindsight I think Winston would have been perfectly happy being an "only-dog", but at the time I assumed he'd be happier with a playmate. This is kind of why I've thought about a third dog, because maybe then Clementine would have someone else to release her energy on....oh well!
    Oh, and I completely understand your hesitation on the MV thing - I've struggled with the same questions. We'll just have to see how it all pans out. The good thing about the situation is that it brought much needed light to the whole dog-fighting issue and maybe now people will be less likely to engage in those activities and more likely to report those activities when they see them (?)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)