Friday, August 14, 2009

Michael Vick

I have been struggling some with the whole Michael Vick (MV) thing for a few reasons.

1. There will never be "justice" for those dogs. What could you do to MV? Some say kill him. That would still not get justice. It would send a heck of a message though.

2. Technically speaking of course, he did play his debt. He served his time and has also publicly apologized many times. Now don't get all mad at me, I know he hasn't paid his debt to those dogs but you know what I mean.

3. He has apologized. He has at least apologized. I know that doesn't mean much to the dogs that were harmed/killed/tortured but his apology does mean something. Some people do evil things and never apologize.

Mom listens to Howard Stern and he has discussed MV a few times. Most recently this week. MV is going to be on this weeks edition of 60 minutes. Howard called him a scum bag and said he's just trying to improve his image. Then a discussion occurred. Should any NFL teams hire him after what he's done. Howard said no, Robin said he has a right to earn a living. Howard said then he can go drive a bus. More discussion but what was funny was Howard asked Robin, if you had a pro team would you hire him? Robin responded "HELL NO"

What I am struggling with is this; Does he deserve a chance to change or should I continue to wish he had the same torture done to him that he inflicted on the dogs?

I just don't know. Sometimes people deserve a second chance? Sometimes people don't. I don't have the answer but it's really gotten me thinking lately. It should be interesting after MV is on 60 minutes. Honestly I don't know if I want to watch. This will more than likely humanize Michael Vick and I am not sure I want to see him as human. To me he is a monster.

I am closing with a picture of a Pit Bull Momma and her pups. A happy picture.

5 comments:

  1. Stacy,
    I am very upset that MV was reinstated to the NFL. I know he did his time and paid the price with his wealth. And yes, he did apologize, however, he was sorry because he got caught. I have never felt that he has had any remorse for those dogs. He does NOT deserve another chance at millions of dollars. He can go work at McDonald's!

    That's my two cents!
    Pug hugs and kisses!
    Vikki and the Pug Posse

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good point Vikki. Please don't think I feel bad for him. After some thought and talking to another friend on the phone. He doesn't deserve a second chance. You are right, he should be mopping the floors.

    I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post. It was just something that had been on my mind and felt the need to post about it. I am betting by the lack of comments that no one wants thinks he deserves a second chance.

    Brutus and Miley said I was silly for even considering it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to apologize. It's a hot topic right now and this is the place to share your thoughts when something is on your mind! It's really not even the dogfighting that bothered me, but the way he treated the "losers"...how those dogs were brutally killed and he was a part of that. He's just a bad person. He was trouble through his college career as well as his NFL career. He has had more than enough chances and he blew it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've watched some of his akht on tv -

    His body language
    His words
    His evfurrything

    Khonveys he's NOT khontrite...

    He's only sorry he's lost some $$$$$

    He doesn't give a rat's butt about anything but MV PERIOD...

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  5. And isn't it nice how everybody's hero, Tony Dungy, reinstated him?

    This is why I can't stand professional athletes.

    Hank's mom

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)