Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big social weekend




Miley had a very social weekend. On Sat I took her and Brutus to the ARF Dog Park. We had never been before. We stayed for about an hour. There were about 5 dogs when we arrived. Miley ran around with some of them. She is very shy at first but doing much better. I don't have any pics because I was overwhelmed with being outnumbered and having to cross the street with them because there were many volunteers.

Today I took Miley with me to 3 hardware stores. At each one she was more comefortable. At the first place she was very scared and shaking a bit. By the last place her tail was normal (not between her legs) and she would let a few people almost pet her. I was so proud of her. I didn't take Brutus because it was so hot. She did great in the car too!

Also the neighborhood kids played with Miley and Brutus some this weekend. She has so much energy but now that it's warm outside it will be easier to drain her of some of it.

I painted the door from the garage to house red. I like it.



George Henry made some friends with the neighborhood cats.



4 comments:

  1. We like the red, too. We are glad Miley is doing better socializing. You are doing an awesome job with her.
    Mom says so what you did a few things wrong. Do you actually think mom never made mistakes when she started any of her home improvement projects? (She made tons. Putting the lock in upside down is her speciality.) The difference is mom didn't let it stop her, and she learned along the way. Now she is not afraid to tackle stuff and that makes all the difference in the world. Fine job!
    :)

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red door!

    What a busy weekend! I am so glad that Miley is coming out of her shell more and more. You really are doing a great job with her! You and Brutus deserve an award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Miley is such a cutie! What a great weekend, nothing better than the doggies and kitties socializing. sometimes it's way easier and fun than people trying to socialize! We love the red door, too. It provides an accent to the hallway!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)