Sunday, January 11, 2009

1 Year Jan 12th!



Happy 1 Year "Gotcha Day" One year ago today I went down to Indy with Amy and mom picked me up to go to my forever home. Mom was a mess.

She bought a small 22 inch dog crate. Put it all together and put it in the car. She tried to put me in it! She quickly realized I am a big boy. So she let me in the car. I laid down on the seat and went to sleep. I was tired.

We finally got home. You didn't let me go to the bathroom so after about 5 mins in the house, I pooped. I had to go! What was I suppose to do?

She told me she was such a novice that she didn't realize she should have walked me or let me do my business before we went inside. Silly mom.

She also told me that she remembers the drive home she could smell that April my foster mom had given me a bath and I smelled good. She also said she could still smell that "dog" smell. I'm a dog and we have a smell. You humans do too. She says she doesn't notice the smell anymore. In fact she thinks I smell good. I don't know what her problem was, I've always smelled good.

That night Mom was all afraid of what I would do in the house because I wasn't crated. She gave me a benadryl to help me sleep. The next day was a sunday. So mom got up and went to get an appropriately sized crate. She took me with her in the car because she was afraid to leave me in the house. This was a win for me because I LOVE the car.

So mom was standing in line to exchange the crate and she got this feeling of panic. She had thoughts of me tearing up the car while she was inside. Remember this movie?



Little did she realize she has just adopted the perfect pug!

So on the way home she called her friend Mark and cried on the phone. "I don't know what I am doing" "I don't know if I can do this" She said she thinks about this now and laughs.

What a great year we've had. Silly mom bought that crate for nothing. After about a month she realized I am a very good boy.

Happy Monday Everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the anniversary! Of course you're a good pug and all pugs smell good ;-) We're so glad you found your forever home!
    Pug hugs and kisses!
    The Pug Posse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day! A good day for you and mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brutus, what a sweet story! My momma laughs about how silly she was when she first got me, too! I am so glad that you've shown your Mom what a good boy you are. I know she loves having you in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great story, Brutus - you are so nice to have such patience with a 'new mommy' - you pugs are good like that. You pretend like you don't even notice how nervous and scared we are! Here's to another wonderful year with your no-longer-a-novice mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brudie, you're just the cutest! Hooray! Happy Gotcha day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi brutus!
    happy gotcha day! you and your mom are BOTH very lucky!
    xo
    m & e

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a great story Brutus! Happy Gotcha Day you lucky boy! That was one great story!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day, Brutus. We know you are a good boy, we are glad your mom learned it as well.

    Roxy & Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy GOTCHA Day Brutus!!!

    I'm sure you smell lovely...just like me!

    Hopefully we'll see you in a few weeks at the meetup!

    Love,
    S-Dog

    ReplyDelete
  10. It doesn't seem like year since you left your foster home. We still love you and think of you. Your Mom is right, you are perfect!! Auntie April

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)