Thursday, July 24, 2008

Foster Parent?

Mom here. Last week I put in an application to be a foster parent for KPR. I figured this would give Brutus some company but more importantly provide a home for a homeless pug. So today I received an email asking to be a foster parent. It appears on Sat night I will be picking up 1 or 2 foster puggies! Everything happened fast.

I am freaking out. The sheer reality of it has set in. What if the fosters chase the cats, will the cats be ok? Will the fosters get along with Brutus? What do I do if they start marking or pottying inside? Can I afford this, to feed 2 more dogs, food, treats, leashes, beds, harnesses, what about toys? Do I need to crate them? Can I walk them all together? How can they be outside and me watch all 3 of them. On and on and on. But I am doing a good thing. I am kinda hoping I only get one pug to foster for now. I have no idea why I agreed to two.

Oh I know. they are so cute and when I look at them on the website I feel bad for the dogs and think so much of those that open their homes for these guys.

I am going to make a list of questions to ask the IN coordinator and call him tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

Here is a pic of the Bru man in the best pose I could get in front of a rock he loved to smell.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you! I hear some people only end up fostering once...they keep the fosters!!! Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We fostered the girls before adopting them. We had it all "figured out" and thought we knew where they'd sleep, how they'd walk, etc, and it was such a learning experience! After a few days, you will have it all figured out. If you need support let us know we are here for youuuu!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I foster through KPR too. Ricky is my first foster. It's been some work. Herbie is still a young little guy and not mature enough yet to realize that just cause Ricky barks at the cats sometimes doesn't mean he gets to. But all in all, I think everyone is getting along. It was so nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)